NTEA technical services department is a vital resource for members. Staff engineers with more than 50 years of combined industry experience provide in-depth solutions to technical questions/issues. The Technical Services hotline at 800-441-6832 is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. ET. Members have the benefit of calling as frequently as needed. They may also email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to personal assistance from staff engineers, NTEA provides publications and reference materials you need to stay abreast of current regulations, safety standards and other requirements, including:
– Includes product specification changes and/or updates directly from the chassis manufacturers on important technical issues.
Chassis Manufacturer Directory
– Use this directory to easily find technical contacts and sales information of major chassis manufacturers. Visit individual OEM websites by clicking Sales, and use your login credentials to access technical information - including contacts and Body Builder resources.
U.S. Federal Lighting Poster
– This tool allows you to select a vehicle's lamp and reflective device requirements.
– Highlights the most prevalent technical issues, engineering developments and frequently-seen problems posed to the Technical Services Department each month. Available as a column in NTEA News and on ntea.com.
Tech Connections articles
– NTEA offers one of the largest industry libraries of timely articles to keep you abreast of current regulations, safety standards, and more.
Excise Tax Enquirer
– NTEA's Excise Tax Enquirer articles review federal excise tax (FET) issues and pertinent IRS activities important to your business.
Dump Body & Conversion Hoist Databases
– Get capacity ratings for hoists based on length, class and/or manufacturer.
Truck Equipment Glossary
– Contains description of terms related to truck equipment.